Basic steps necessary to setup a primer2 to run OSM4Primer2:
- get a primer2 (where to buy)
- install Ride7. This is the development ide and it will install RLink which is necessary to connect to the primer2 via usb. The software is on the CD-rom that comes with the Primer2, or can be downloaded here.
- plug in a usb cable and connect it to the debug usb port of the Primer2
- download the OSM4Primer2 software (here) and install it.
- check if there´s the latest OS running on your Primer2 (CircleOS 3.7)
- there´s a directory called "objdebug" in the OSM4Primer2 directory. Run the "add_to_Circle.bat" application. It will install the OSM4Primer2 software to the Primer2.
- Now you have to install some basic files to the micro-sdcard. They are located in the directory "micro sdcard". Copy the content of this directory to the micro sdcard.
- Copy the map data to the micro sdcard
A micro sdcard with at least 1GB is recommended!